I love making lists. They help me think. They are also immensely satisfying when it comes time to cross things off. So I've been making lots of wedding-related lists (all on my iPhone, which is my everything organizer!) and I thought I'd share some of them here...
Wedding To Do (everything major that I can think of that I still need to do for the wedding)
Make invitations (currently in progress)
Make reply cards (in progress)
Make directions cards
Make California reception cards to include in the invitation? (invitations are going out in April, the reception happens in May - may not be enough time! Send separately?)
Address all envelopes (I'll be caligraphying them myself...)
Send invitations
Decide on ceremony music
Decide on ceremony readings
Decide who we want to ask to do the readings, then ask them
Design ceremony programs
Make ceremony programs
Tell Auletto's about final food choices (did we ever tell them what kind of cake we wanted? Or the two sauces to go with the filet mignon?)
Make menu cards
Get guys measured for tuxes
Make escort cards
Make table cards
Make program baskets
Make baskets for sparklers/rice/bird seed/whatever we decide to use for that part of the wedding) (I'm hoping for sparklers at the end of the night, but we have to ask Jim Auletto)
Ask Jim Auletto about using sparklers!
Buy items for bathroom baskets
Assemble bathroom baskets
Buy items for welcome bags
Assemble welcome bags for out of town guests
Just Married t-shirts
Bride and Groom t-shirts
Guest book - if a picture with a sign-able matte, decide which picture to use and get it printed
Make guest book pens
Pick a first dance song
Dance lessons?
Hair trial
Discuss cake flowers with florist
Send song list to band leader
Make decorations for jelly jars (our favors will be homemade Jersey peach jelly)
Make escort card presentation
Ideas for what to put in the welcome bags:
Tastykakes (a Philadelphia-area delicacy!)
Salt water taffy from the Jersey shore? (not sure when I'd get a chance to drive down and pick it up, but it'd be a nice touch!)
Tourist info on Philly and NYC
Bottled water
Hershey chocolate (Hershey, PA! it's Pennsylvania/NJ related...) (hugs and kisses would be wedding-appropriate!)
Crayons? (the Crayola factory is in the town where I went to college) (this would probably be a bit too random, unless they have kids) (and then we'd need to include a coloring book, too...)
Postcards? (from NYC or Phila, in case they don't get to visit?)
Personal favorites like Reese's Pieces (me) and sour gummy worms (him) and salt and vinegar potato chips (both of us)? (is this getting to be too much food?? maybe just the chips?)
Possibly some sort of paper to explain the significance of these things
Ideas for what to include in the bathroom baskets:
Lotion
Tampons/Pads (girl's room only, obvy)
Hairspray
Hair gel
Nice smelling spray of some kind (body splash, etc)
Advil
Tylenol
Mouthwash? (with Dixie cups?)
Floss
Mints
Bandaids
Ideas/suggestions? :D

No comments:
Post a Comment