Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Heaven and hell

I've come to realize what would be my hell. If hell exists, and it was personalized for everyone a la What Dreams May Come, I think for me it would be sitting here at my desk at work, endlessly entering data and - here's the key - never getting to see James again but knowing that he's in the building, but I can't leave my work to meet him for lunch or for going home time. And I'm endlessly waiting for the going home time, and it never comes. And it's enormously stressful work, of course, and I'm freaking out the whole time. And it never ends, and I'm always lonely for James.

Thank goodness I actually do get to go home, because otherwise hell would be a bit too much like real life.

My heaven, I think, would be being in bed with James. And I don't mean sex - at least, not exclusively! That would get pretty tiring for an eternity, hehe. No, I mean laying snuggled in bed with James, on sunny mornings when we don't have anywhere in particular to be, or at night before bed, when I snuggle up into the crook of his arm, lay my head on his chest, and he reads me to sleep. Those are the happiest, most comfortable parts of my day. But of course doing any one for eternity would get miserable, so we'd have to be able to do other things too, like walk along beaches or visit with our favorite people, because their heavens would overlap with our heaven (a la The Lovely Bones).

No comments:

Post a Comment