I had a dream about my wedding last night. This actually isn't too unusual. It's happened before, and like before, I was generally unprepared for the wedding in my dream. In this most recent wedding dream, I was standing at the end of the aisle (the wedding was in a church as opposed to the real-life outdoor/garden setting), getting ready for the rehearsal, when I realized that I didn't have a salon lined up to do my hair the next day. I went to my favorite salon in town and all of the stylists were kids from my high school class, and I was like "Whaaaat is going on, these people can't do my hair!" And I had a general sense of I've messed up and I didn't do a good job about getting the whole wedding organized. There was more to it than that, but I've forgotten it all by now.
James and I did a little wedding planning activities this weekend - a lot less than we'd intended, but still, we're making progress. We went to a stationary store in town to see if they sold the kind of cardstock we'll need to make our own invitations. They didn't sell any card stock at all, but the owner recommended a paper company nearby that could probably meet our needs. We went there the next day, but they were closed because it was a holiday weekend. Boo. We stopped in at Office Depot on Monday for other reasons but checked out their paper supply while we were there - nada. But we also went to Michael's over the weekend and found some rubber stampers for making our own invitations. One is a hummingbird, and one says "Thank You!" which we'll use for the thank you notes, obv. We want to use the hummingbird and the peony on all our wedding stationary. The peony because that's my favorite flower and that's the flower I want to feature in the wedding, and the hummingbird because there were three hummingbirds flying around when James proposed. And we saw three hummingbirds on our anniversary! Hee! And this way we'll both have an input on the wedding stationary - I'll have the pink peony and James will have the green hummingbird.
We also bought a caligraphy kit. I want to learn how to do caligraphy so that I can address the envelopes myself. I certainly wouldn't pay someone else to do it and I don't want to just use ordinary handwriting. This might be slightly insane on my part, since I'll have to address about 150 envelopes by myself... but it'll be an interesting challenge. :D
This weekend, we'll have to visit that paper company. And we need to place an order online for the peony stamps I found - which is a surprisingly uncommon image for a stamp, because I've only found it in one place. We need to get on with save the date cards, since there will be a lot of people coming from California and they'll need the advance notice. We also need to finalize the bridal party. And I need to stop waffling on bridesmaids dresses and just pick one. And we need to finish our song list and send it to the band leader. And we need to set up cake tastings for when we're home at Thanksgiving. And florist appointments. And hairdresser appointments? Dang, lots to do!
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment