Wednesday, August 13, 2008

You've got the beat

My dad really surprises me sometimes. Always known for being (to put it gently) thrifty, he's decided to spring for something really special for the wedding: a live band. I was just hoping for a DJ - all I knew was that I wanted dancing. I never imagined we'd get a band - but my dad suggested it! There was a little back and forth on this, as he first suggested some dude playing an acoustic guitar as the whole source of music for the wedding. We weren't too crazy about that idea. He also suggested a saxophone soloist, but I'm not a big fan of saxophones (too many years of listening to my dad honk on his sax, I think).

At first I wasn't sure the band thing was actually going to happen, but then my dad came to me with what seems to be the perfect fit. It's a group that played at my dad's friend's daughter's wedding. That whole family is professional or semi-professional musicians, so we can trust their judgment. And they were really pleased with the band. James and I haven't actually heard them, but... we sure it'll be good.

The group will consist of drums, electric bass, guitar (I'm assuming electric as well), and keyboard, all of whom sing lead and harmony parts, as well as a sax and a trumpet, and a female vocalist. It sounds like they have a big repertoire and we're excited at the prospect of having live music to dance to. It should be fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment