Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Engagement pictures!

This weekend, three months after we got engaged, James and I finally got engagement pictures taken. My brother, who has his own small photography business on the side, did them for us. He did a great job. He has a wonderful eye and he really captured some great moments. It was for realsies awkward at first, having to pose and not knowing what to do and not knowing if what we were doing looked good. (I think Steve could have been a little bit more commanding in that regard - he did direct us a little but I think we could have used more.) It was also awk kissing so much in front of my brother - there were a lot of kissing pictures in the set. There are some real gems, though, and I thought I'd share my favorites here.

Contenders for putting with engagement announcements in local newspapers:


1. This is definitely one of my favorites from the whole set.



















2. I think it's really cute that we're in a heart drawn in the sand, but our faces might be too small for printing in the paper...














3. I love this one, but I feel like my arms are in a wrestler hold or something. Maybe it doesn't look that bad?? This was one instance where I wish Steve had said "Now do it again, but this time..." But unfortunately this is the only picture of us in this pose.













4. Another great one, although there is that shadow on my face...




















Other ones I love and might want to get framed:

5. I think we did much better when we didn't have to pose to look at the camera. There's so much love in this picture!















6. Can you tell I'm crazy about him?




















7. Another absolute favorite. Must get this one framed.





















8. Look how happy I am! I love this one too.





















9. And this one!





















10. I love this one, but sometimes it looks like James looks sad.



















11. I love how the water looks and how we're embracing, but I don't know if it looks strange the way we're cut off at the waist.

12. Eeee so happy! I love that he seems to be whispering sweet nothings in my ear.








These are all up on Facebook, too - with more!

No comments:

Post a Comment